College and Career Information
FINDING THE RIGHT COLLEGE IS NOT DIFFICULT. It just takes a little work in figuring out what the right match is for you. The matching process for selecting a college is different for each person. Although it may seem complicated, there are just five major steps to getting into college:
Investigate Colleges: Get Informed
Choose the school that feels right for you.
College Representative Visits to North High School
North High School schedules college visits during
2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th period of each day.
• The names of visiting colleges are provided in Family Connection. The link is on the right side of this page. The colleges visiting are also on our daily announcements.
• Students must sign up for college visits prior to the day of the visit via the Family Connection link (above). Once you have signed in, click the following links in:
“Upcoming College Visits”
“View All Upcoming College Visits
“Sign Me Up”
• Students must pick up a visit pass in the College and Career Center on the day of the college visit.
• Students must bring the visit pass to their teacher. The teacher must approve that the student may be out of class that day.
• The student’s attendance is taken in the classroom before he or she is sent to the College and Career Center or assigned room for the college visit.
• When the student arrives for the visit, he or she must sign in. If a student picks up a pass and does not show up for the visit, a note indicating the student was absent at the college visit will be sent to the classroom teacher.
Please Note: Teachers have the option to decline a student’s request to attend a college representative visit if they feel that it would not be in the student’s best interest to be out of class during that time period.